Clubs & Association
Interact is a club for young people ages 12-18 who want to join together to tackle the issues in their community that they care most about. Through Interact, our student
- Carry out hands-on service projects
- Make international connections
- Develop leadership skills
- Have fun! "Service to humanity, is service to God"
- We have nearly 425 student members from our school. These interactors render their valuable services to the needy people irrespective of caste, community and religion in and around Karaikudi.
- Some of the projects done by our student Interactors are as follows –
- Donating school uniforms to the needy school children
- Donating notebooks & books and other stationeries
- Providing Lunch to orphanage
- Helping people at old age homage
- Free medical check up camps.
- Celebration and Fun
- Honouring the Teachers on Teacher's Day
- Celebrating various festivals like – Aadi Perukku, Krishna Jayanthi, Ganesh Chaturthi, Ramzaan, Id – ul – Fitr, Chiristmas etc.,
- Conducting all faith prayer for the students of our school who are going to appear for X and XII Public Examinations
Our school has NSS which is doing its duty in full fledged manner. The volunteers of NSS help in all school activities like maintaining discipline, organizing various inter school and intra school events. Various services and rallies are organized by NSS Volunteers. Here are some of the projects taken up by our NSS Volunteers –
- Cleaning Temples in and around Karaikudi town.
- Every year NSS volunteers choose an area and perform cleaning work like, cutting grasses and shrubs, leveling the area by hiring JCB.
- Planting saplings is done by NSS Volunteers in some of the areas.
- NSS volunteers organize rallies every year to create awareness among people. Some of the rallies organized are as follows
- Dengue Fever
- Chikun Guniea
- Road safety and traffic measures
Scouts and Guides
The purpose of Scouting Guiding is to develop the inherent potential of the young people by providing them a number of structured activities in order to make them physically, mentally, socially, spiritually and emotionally strong and useful citizens of the Nation.
The aim is achieved through a combination of activities and programmes offered at the Unit level and a structured syllabus which offers programmes and activities through progressive Advancement Scheme.
The Progressive Advancement is designed to satisfy the needs of each age group and is contained in APRO Part II for Scout Wing and in APRO Part III for Guide Wing.
The scouts & guide activities play a vital role in molding and developing the entire person i.e. mind and heart, body and soul of the students. These activities are regularly being conducted in our School with utmost sincerity and integrity since the beginning of the session. The current session has an enrollment of34 scouts, 22 guides, ___ cubs and ___ bulbuls with a staff of two guide captains, three scout Masters and one Flock leader.
Tree plantation, Community work and sanitation, trekking, and hiking etc. are the salient features of these activities .Bharat Scout and Guide Foundation day, cubs and bulbuls utsav etc. were observed in a benifitting manner.